Our volunteers come from all walks of life: young people, old people, employed, unemployed, retired:
In return we offer free, regular training, forums, events and support. All volunteers must undergo certain training before they can work in the field and they shadow more experienced volunteers for a period too.
Our volunteers tell us that they gain the following:
- Retired people: get to use their experience, keep up to date, meet new people and learn new skills
- Jobseekers and those between jobs: learn new skills, gain experience valuable for their CV, meet new people and choose their own hours
- Mums/dads with children at school/college/university: learn new skills, meet new people, keep up to date, give something back
- Students: Gain valuable experience to accompany their studies, learn new skills, meet new people
- Full-time employed people: choose their own hours around their job, meet new people, learn new skills
Volunteering is flexible too – you decide how much time you can afford to give us each week or each month. After training and all appropriate checks, you will be added to our rota according to the days/times you can offer.