In the last year we have:
- Assisted 638 people being released from prison to find suitable and sustainable accommodation – a prerequisite to settling back into the community and reduce re-offending.
- Accommodated 22 rough sleepers in our Short Term Emergency Beds Service
- Helped 37 people to move through our Supported Accommodation into independent living – all of these were offenders who have not offended whilst they have been supported by ACT, and 7 of which moved on after securing full time employment
- Worked with 97 rough sleepers and sofa surfers off the streets in Suffolk Coastal to secure or alternative accommodation and 106 in the Tendring District
- Worked with 38 private sector landlords in our Triangle Tenancy Scheme which opens up the private rented sector to vulnerable people who would not have been able to get a private rented property because they were on benefits or had no reference or guarantor.
- Received 99 requests for support in our STARS service
- 13 Service Users successfully housed through the Housing First model of support