We specialise in preventative, community based services, giving people the stability, support and challenge which is often required in order to enable them to realise their full potential. We deliver a range of projects promoting the well being of children, young people, adults and families alike.
Our activities, both charitable and publicly funded are delivered within three broad headings:
- Community Safety – helping people to feel safe
- Housing Services – helping people to keep a roof over their heads
- Advice, Guidance and Advocacy – helping people to be heard
With our headquarters in Ipswich, we deliver services across Suffolk and into Norfolk and Essex, with satellite offices across the region. We offer a spectrum of flexible and interconnected support services, ranging from longer term Intensive Support, through to a series of bespoke services, tailor made to meet Service Users’ needs, such as short term Money Advice.
We have a large team of over 275 volunteers who we are very proud of: their level of specialist training as well as their commitment is outstanding and we appreciate their dedication – we could not successfully deliver some of our services without them.
We are an Investors in People organisation and hold an Investors in Diversity or Small Charities Award; in 2021we were ranked 66th in the UK for the National Centre for Diversity’s Top Most Inclusive Workplaces Index. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and young people, an equal opportunities employer which values diversity and expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.
In delivering our strategic objectives, Anglia Care Trust seeks to bring about positive changes in our operating environment. To assist us influence such change, we work collaboratively with other agencies.
Everyone has the opportunity to live in their community with support, dignity and purpose.
Our Mission is to assist people, whatever their circumstances, realise this vision by providing a range of high quality advice, guidance and support services, delivered by skilled and knowledgeable personnel.
- We are an organisation that responds to our communities needs and our restated values are:
- Always act with integrity, honesty, trust and respect
- Empower individuals, families and neighbourhoods
- Embed strong governance, financial prudence, Safeguarding good practice and equality and diversity into everything we do
- Use our expertise to influence positive change within everything in which we’re involved
- Continuously review and improve our contribution to society & therefore increase public benefit.