ACT has been operating for over 40 years. Based in Suffolk, we started as a group of like-minded individuals who thought there must be something more that could be done to help offenders upon their release from prison. We provided supported housing and helped them back into education and employment. We now offer a range of different services to help people keep a roof over their heads:
* Accommodation Based Support
* Triangle Tenancy Scheme
* Accommodation Advice
We offer a range of different services to help people to feel safe:
* Domestic Abuse Outreach Service – from crisis work through to drop-in advice sessions and specialist male victim support.
* Family Support – help to maintain tenancies, help for those who are struggling to cope or just need a supportive hand to get their family back on track.
* Alcohol Outreach and Recovery Services – we work with those who are starting to recognise they may have issues with alcohol through to those who need support to start their recovery journey.
Advice, Guidance & Advocacy
We offer a range of services to help people to be heard:
* Money, Welfare and Debt services – including Money Mentors to help manage finances in the long term.
* Employment Services – support to get people employment-ready and liaising with training providers.
* Advocacy and Independent Visiting – we provide Independent Visitors to Children in Care and Advocates to those who need to to be heard.
*Appropriate Adult Service - for those young people or vulnerable adults who need support whilst in custody.
Having recruited 21 new volunteers across our services recently, we asked our newest recruit for some feedback.
Helping a mother to sort out contact arrangements with her children’s father, ACT’s support helped a family to settle.
What a fantastic team day we recently enjoyed at Easton Farm Park. ACT’s staff and volunteers were invited to get…