ACT has been operating for over 40 years. Based in Suffolk, we started as a group of like-minded individuals who thought there must be something more that could be done to help offenders upon their release from prison. We provided supported housing and helped them back into education and employment. We now offer a range of different services to help people keep a roof over their heads. Take a look at the various schemes that we operate throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and parts of Essex.
We offer a range of different services to help people to feel safe:
* Domestic Abuse Outreach Service – from crisis work through to drop-in advice sessions and specialist male victim support.
* Drug and Alcohol Outreach Recovery Service – we work with those most vulnerable in Ipswich and the west of Suffolk who have complex needs, including substance misuse and housing issues
Advice, Guidance & Advocacy
We offer a range of services to help people to be heard:
* Money, Welfare and Debt services – including Money Mentors to help manage finances in the long term.
* Employment Services – support to get people employment-ready and liaising with training providers.
* Advocacy and Independent Visiting – we provide Independent Visitors to Children in Care and Advocates to those who need to to be heard.
*Appropriate Adult Service - for those young people or vulnerable adults who need support whilst in custody.
Chris Goldsmith from our Money Advice team offers advice on web-based fraud in lockdown across Suffolk
We’re pleased to have been able to contribute to an article in today’s East Anglian Daily Times that discusses levels…
Today and tomorrow would’ve been Suffolk Show days – we’re using Facebook to allow people to pledge their support to…