ACT has been operating for over 40 years. Based in Suffolk, we started as a group of like-minded individuals who thought there must be something more that could be done to help offenders upon their release from prison. We provided supported housing and helped them back into education and employment. We now offer a range of different services to help people keep a roof over their heads. Take a look at the various schemes that we operate throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and parts of Essex.
We offer a range of different services to help people to feel safe:
* Domestic Abuse Outreach Service – from crisis work through to drop-in advice sessions and specialist male victim support.
* Drug and Alcohol Outreach Recovery Service – we work with those most vulnerable in Ipswich and the west of Suffolk who have complex needs, including substance misuse and housing issues
Advice, Guidance & Advocacy
We offer a range of services to help people to be heard:
* Money, Welfare and Debt services – including Money Mentors to help manage finances in the long term.
* Employment Services – support to get people employment-ready and liaising with training providers.
* Advocacy and Independent Visiting – we provide Independent Visitors to Children in Care and Advocates to those who need to to be heard.
*Appropriate Adult Service - for those young people or vulnerable adults who need support whilst in custody.
Here’s the story of Megan, one of Supporting Housing Officers who began life at ACT as a student volunteer –…
Some of our service users have complex needs and, as such, need support from us and colleague agencies in order…
What makes ACT different from other charities is our ability to work with a single service to look at several…